Fall Camp - November 20-22, 2017
Periodic Table of Elements
In the Periodic Table of Elements camp, campers have the opportunity to learn about the fundamental building blocks of the universe. Campers will learn about the periodic table and how it is organized as well as reactions such as acid-base and equilibrium in order to gain a deeper understanding of the experiments that will be done during the camp. They will learn how to explode things *safely* all while being engaged intellectually in the chemistry behind the experiments. At the end of the camp, campers will be able to take home some of the chemicals they learned about in the camp such as zinc, magnesium, sodium, and potassium permanganate to name a few.
Campers will be working with lab-grade chemicals that may be hazardous if mishandled. All campers must be mature enough to closely follow safety instructions and handle chemicals respectfully.
Location: 140 Balboa Street @ 3rd Ave.
Dates: November 20-22 (Monday to Wednesday)
- Early morning extended care from 8am to 9am
- Afternoon extended care from 4pm up to 6pm.
- Advanced payment, when paid prior to start of camp, for all Extended Care is $12 per hour.
- Ad Hoc during the week of camp are billed at $15 per hour.
- Pick up after 6pm will be charged at a rate of $1.00 per minute (no grace)
- Extended Care is billed in one hour increments after a 10 minute grace period.